Monday, January 19, 2009

So this is what 30 feels like...



Today I celebrated my 30th birthday. Last night I couldn't sleep well...I suppose I was a little anxious about the BIG day and the BIG 3-0! It's wo wierd knowing that I'm leaving my 20's behind never to be revisited again! The 20's were something alright...but they were plaqued with sickness and a lot of sadness too. In my 20's I lost three important people in my life...my brother at age 16, my mother-in-law and my father-in-law and all within a year of each other. During that time I also became a college graduate, a career woman, a wife, a step-mother and a few choice other things I suppose. I also became a caregiver to my Dad. I'm looking to my 30's as a time for reflection and growth and change. I'm planning to make the next 10 years, my best 10 years ever, seizing each day and appreciating every moment that God has given me. Today, I remember that even when it seems that people are so quick to judge me and try to bring me down...I have so many people that love me and I'm so happy about that! Today, I truly realize that for every person that tries to cause pain in my life, there are three more in my corner cheering me on...I want to say thank you for that! Thank you for being my Cheerleaders in life, because let's face it - we could all use one! Thanks to my best Cheerleader, my hubby Keith! He's been such a trooper and he's hung with me for the past decade through thick and thin! He also threw me one heck of a party Saturday night to celebrate ME and I hope he knows just how much I love and appreciate him! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment