Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching the Snow!


I went to bed last night with every intention of getting up this morning to wipe the sleep out of my eyes, peek out the window at the snow and then began pulling on all the snow gear required to get out the door in the first snow of 2009! Incidentally, the first snow of the year usually occurs on my birthday, which thankfully was yesterday meaning that selfishly all of my birthdays celebrations were not delayed by the weather! Yaay!
I understand that I'm 30 now and that it's time to be "big girl," but I do love to celebrate my birthday with no interruptions! Seems like the last three to four years have been altered by some sort of winter weather. Anyway, today is the first SNOW DAY that I remember having in a while! Our manager made a wise decision (I think) to call for a snow day - I mean let's face it! We work our lives away anyway, why not enjoy one day in the snow? Why not remember what it was like to be a kid again - if even just for a day?
So my husband woke up early and headed out for work, he does love to get out and explore in the snow, so I'm here cuddled up in the chair in this gosh awful looking warm blanket, sipping on Starbucks coffee contemplating just what I want to do today! Shall I bundle up and go out and take pictures of the snow? Should I just spruce up around the house and do a little laundry? Should I turn on the Wii and hog the machine all to myself for the day? Who knows! The choices are endless! The cool thing (and the wierd thing) is I have a SNOW DAY and I don't have to be at work ALL day! Who says we can't act like kids at least every now and then? Thank you God for your wonderful creations! YOU are awesome to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment